The UASOM Family Medicine Interest Group is a student-run organization that promotes awareness of and interest in family practice.
This is accomplished by clinical conferences and lunches, statewide and national activism, and faculty mentorships.
Some benefits of joining your UAB FMIG are:
- Noon-time conferences (Lunch!)
- FREE membership into the American Academy of Family Physicians (generously paid for by the Alabama Academy of Family Physicians);
- Full use of the Student Lounge and Clinical Library in the Department of Family and Community Medicine
- Opportunities for clinical exposure in the basic science years
- Service projects and public health events
To become a member, simply sign up online- it takes less than a minute
Or come to any Family Medicine Interest Group meeting (keep an eye on the chalkboards for dates and times)
Family Medicine- Student Resources
Links to Family Practice residencies and student resources. -----------------------------------------------
President: Fuller McCabe, firstname.lastname@example.org
Vice President: Brooke Perryman, email@example.com
Secretary/Treasurer: Dakota Acton, firstname.lastname@example.org
Community Service Coordinator: Courtney Blythe, email@example.com
Primary Care Week Rep/AAFP Membership Coordinator: Kaci Larsen, firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Earl Salser, email@example.com
Dr. Michael Harrington
Family Medicine Office Contact: Mrs. Gwen WIlliams, firstname.lastname@example.org
*This webpage, as with all other UAB School of Medicine student interest groups, has not been explicitly reviewed or approved by the University of Alabama School of Medicine.
Last Updated: 08/14/2010
Site maintained by:
Mark H. Christensen, email@example.com