Pathway ProgramThe Pathway Program is a unique four week elective experience in rural ambulatory medicine for the pre-clinical student (MS1, MS2 and pre-matriculation students). It is offered by the UAB Department of Family and Community Medicine with a grant from the Alabama Family Practice Rural Health Board.
Elements of the Pathway Program:
- Patient exposure in a real world clinical setting
- Preceptors: Practicing rural physicians in the state of Alabama
- Timeframe: Four-week experience during summer months (June – August)
- Location: Rural city or town (designated as population of 25,000 or less)
- Requirements: Journal of clinical experience to be submitted after four week experience
- Stipend: $2000 stipend for completion of four week experience ($500/week)
Application and Selection Process:
The applications are submitted by March 1 and reviewed by the Division Chief and Chairman of the Department of Family and Community Medicine. Selections are made by March 30. Complete the Pathway application here.