Pathway ProgramThe Pathway Program is a unique four week elective experience in rural ambulatory medicine for the pre-clinical student (MS1, MS2 and pre-matriculation students). It is offered by the UAB Department of Family and Community Medicine with a grant from the Alabama Family Practice Rural Health Board.
Elements of the Pathway Program:
- Patient exposure in a real world clinical setting
- Preceptors: Practicing rural physicians in the state of Alabama
- Timeframe: Four-week experience during summer months (June – August)
- Location: Rural city or town (designated as population of 25,000 or less)
- Requirements: Journal of clinical experience to be submitted after four week experience
- Stipend: $2000 stipend for completion of four week experience ($500/week)
Application and Selection Process:
The applications are submitted by March 1 and reviewed by the Division Chief and Chairman of the Department of Family and Community Medicine. Selections are made by March 30. Complete the Pathway application here.
For further questions about the Pathway Program, contact Gwen Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org.