FAQ for Prospective Fellows
These are a few of the frequently asked questions that should help answer some of your questions about our policies and procedures when applying for a GI fellowship position at UAB. If you have any additional questions, please do not hestitate to contact us at anytime.
When is the deadline for applications?
- Deadline for applications is July 31st; however, the earlier your application is available to our committee,
the earlier you may be selected for interview.
Are there any specific USMLE score requirements or any other requirements?
- USMLE score is considered a specific score but has not been made a requirement
- Application Submission Requirements:
- If selected you will need to begin the GME application process using ERAS
- Current CV (updated within 3 months)
- Medical School Diploma and transcripts
- Medical School Dean’s Letter
- Three (3) total Letters of Recommendation (including former program directors)
- Certificate /verification from previous residency training
- Must be eligible for Alabama Medical License and Alabama Controlled Substance Certificate
- Federal DEA registration
- Valid ECFMG Certificate (IMG only)
When do you interview for potential fellowships applicants?
- We will begin interviewing applicants in August and continue through October.
Do you only accept applications through ERAS for Fellowships or do you accept applications via fax, etc?
- We participate in the match yearly and only accept applications through ERAS.
Do you accept international medical graduates?
- Yes, we accept international medical graduates.
Do you sponsor H1B and J1 Visas?
- Yes, the GI Division can sponsor these visas.
Do you offer an advanced 4th year of fellowship?
- We are not currently offering an advanced fellowship in therapeutic endoscopy; however, we are offering fellowship positions in inflammatory bowel disease and transplant hepatology.
For more information about our fellowship program contact:
Lisa Jinright (Program Coordinator) at: 205-934-4430 or email@example.com
For more information about GME policy and procedures at UAB visit our GME website.