These are a few of the frequently asked questions that should help answer some of your questions about our policies and procedures when applying for a GI fellowship position at UAB. If you have any additional questions, please do not hestitate to contact us at anytime.
When is the deadline for applications?
- Deadline for applications is July 31st via ERAS
Are there any specific USMLE score requirements or any other requirements?
- USMLE score is considered but a specific score has not been made a requirement
- Application Submission Requirements:
All applications will be reviewed via ERAS
- Current CV (updated within 3 months)
- Medical School Diploma and transcripts
- Medical School Dean’s Letter
- Three (3) total Letters of Recommendation (including former program directors)
- Certificate /verification from previous residency training
- Must be eligible for Alabama Medical License and Alabama Controlled Substance Certificate
- Must be eligible for Federal DEA registration
- Valid ECFMG Certificate (IMG only)
When do you interview for potential fellowships applicants?
- We will begin interviewing applicants in September and continue through October.
Do you only accept applications through ERAS for Fellowships or do you accept applications via fax, etc?
- We participate in the National Registry Match Program (NRMP) yearly and only accept applications through ERAS.
Do you accept International Medical Graduates?
- Yes, we accept International Medical Graduates.
Do you sponsor H1B and J1 Visas?
- Yes, the GI Division can sponsor these Visas.
Do you offer an advanced 4th year of fellowship?
- We are not currently offering an advanced fellowship in therapeutic endoscopy; however, we are offering a fellowship position in transplant hepatology.
For more information about our fellowship program contact:
Natasha Millette (Program Coordinator) at: 205-996-2459 or firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about GME policy and procedures at UAB visit our GME website.