|Comparative Pathology Laboratory|
|Epitope Recognition & Immunoreagent Core Facility (ERIC)|
|Heflin Center for Genomic Science Core Facility|
|Transgenic Mouse Facility|
Director: Trenton R. Schoeb, D.V.M., Ph.D., DACVP
Phone: (205) 934-2288
- Research animal histology: Routine and special paraffin processing, embedding, and sectioning; frozen sections; routine and special stains
- Veterinary clinical pathology: Hematology; clinical chemistry; urinalysis
- Training: Animal necropsy technique; tissue collection, fixation, and trimming; sample collection for clinical pathology
- Consultation: Animal pathologic techniques; design of experiments requiring collection of anatomic or clinical pathologic data from research animals
- Collaborative research support: Analysis of disease expression in animal models; pathologic phenotyping of genetically engineered mice; gross and microscoping photography; animal pathology cores for program projects
Director: Mary Ann Accavitti-Loper, Ph.D.
Phone: (205) 934-0913
- Monoclonal antibody development and large-scale production
- Vaccine design (peptides, proteins, gel slices, viruses, cells, TFcells)
- Strategic immunization protocols:
- Subtractive immunization
- Knock-out mice
- CDR-3 altered mice
- Large-scale Mab production and purification
- Epitope differentiation (oligoclonal antiserum design)
- Anti-tag Mabs (i.e. Myc, Flag, HA, GST, GFP) and isotype-matched controls
Director: Molly Bray, Ph.D.
Phone: (205) 975-7651
Associate Director: Mike Crowley, Ph.D.
Phone: (205) 975-2013
Bioinformatics Director: David Crossman, Ph.D.
Phone: (205) 996-4045
- The Cores are available to anyone wishing to access state-of-the-art genomics and genetic technologies.
- Illumina Next-Generation Sequencing (NGS) Consultative and Experimental services are now available.
- The Illumina Core has the latest in DNA analysis technology including the iSCAN and BeadXpress systems for:
- Large and medium scale SNP genotyping
- Human DNA methylation analysis
- Gene expression analysis and more
- The Genomic Core facility provides:
- DNA sequencing
- SNP genotyping
- Human cell line DNA fingerprinting
- Affymetrix gene expression arrays
- Discount oligonucleotides from IDT
- The Genomic Core also provides comprehensive data analysis services for microarrays, NGS and more.
Director: Bob Kesterson, Ph.D.
Phone: (205) 934-7206
- We provide all services related to genetically modified mouse models (transgenic and knockout).
- DNA or ES cell microinjection
- ES cell gene targeting
- Assisted reproduction and line cryopreservation
- Consultations and custom services developed as needed.
- New equipment: Autogen965 high-throughput DNA isolation robot; 384 samples/4 hrs (mouse tails, ES cells, plasmids, BACs)