At any time of day, physicians across the country have toll-free telephone access to the world-renowned specialists and staff at UAB through MIST. With just one call, a physician may obtain an immediate medical consultation, arrange a referral, confirm a diagnosis, and arrange for critical care transport services between a remote location and UAB. MIST may also serve as an emergency lifeline to UAB specialists during emergency or crisis situations, and it allows a patient's own physician and UAB doctors to collaborate on follow-up care once a patient has left the hospital and returned home.
Medical Information Service via Telephone (MIST) – (205) 934-6478 or 1-800-UAB-MIST (822-6478)
Physicians are urged to use MIST to refer a new patient to the UAB Health System.
The numbers below are ONLY to be used for questions regarding current patients.
- Bone Marrow Transplant - (205) 934-1911
- Breast Health Center - (205) 801-8266
- Gastrointestinal Surgical Oncology - (205) 934-3064
- Genitourinary Multidisciplinary Clinic - (205) 975-0088
- Gynecologic Oncology - (205) 934-4986
- Medical Hematology-Oncology - (205) 934-5077
- Neurological Oncology - (205) 934-1813
- Radiation Oncology - (205) 934-5671
- Surgical Oncology -
- Dr. Kirby Bland - (205) 975-2391
- Drs. Marshall Urist or Helen Krontiras - (205) 934-3028
- Thoracic Surgical Oncology - (205) 934-5937