Welcome to medical school! There's a lot to keep track of during the first year, and your class page is a great source for important information.
If you need academic or career advice, or have a question and don't know who to ask, the staff in Medical Student Services is here to help!
- Date & Time: The White Coat Ceremony is Sunday, August 17, 2014, at 2pm.
- Location: at the Alys Stephens Performing Arts Center.
- Tickets: Due to seating constraints, each student will be given four tickets to use when inviting guests to the White Coat Ceremony. One guest per ticket.
- An updated Guide to the White Coat Ceremony can be found here.
- To view video and photos from the 2013 White Coat Ceremony, click here.
- Academic calendar & important dates
- First-Year Schedule and Contacts
- MS-1 Course Reps
- Exam dates
- Textbook list 2014-2015
- List subject to change
- Students advised not to purchase until orientation, with the exception of the required texts for Patient, Doctor, Society (PDS).
- Report a concern or commendation using ReportIT
- Need academic help? Visit the Academic Success page.
Other Helpful Links:
In addition to the links below, students may wish to visit the class meeting information sections of each class page for a sneak peek of things to come in medical school. The MSS Office will advise students well in advance of deadlines on how to prepare and give any needed specific details.
- Student Senate Page
- Student Involvement Page
- UASOM Student Life Page
- Step 1 Kickoff (MS-1 students are advised to use this link only for planning purposes. The MSS Office will advise students well in advance of deadlines and details on preparing for Step 1).
- Residency Application Checklist & Timeline (MS-1 students are advised to use this link only for planning purposes. The MSS Office will advise students well in advance of deadlines and details on preparing for applying to residency).