Welcome to medical school! There's a lot to keep track of during the first year, and your class page is a great source for important information.
If you need academic or career advice, or have a question and don't know who to ask, the staff in Medical Student Services is here to help!
White Coat Weekend 2015 - Click for complete information
- Academic calendar & important dates
- First-Year Schedule and Contacts
- MS1 Course Reps
- Exam dates
- Textbook list 2014-2015
- List subject to change
- Students advised not to purchase until orientation, with the exception of the required texts for Patient, Doctor, Society (PDS).
- Report a concern or commendation using ReportIT
- Need academic help? Visit the Academic Success page.
- To access the MS1 Class Meeting ECHO, click http://echo.medicine.uab.edu:8080/ess/echo/presentation/017f42e5-cf28-40a8-b1f2-a20acb64ea99
Other Helpful Links:
In addition to the links below, students may wish to visit the class meeting information sections of each class page for a sneak peek of things to come in medical school. The MSS Office will advise students well in advance of deadlines on how to prepare and give any needed specific details.
- Learning Communities
- Student Senate Page
- Student Involvement Page
- UASOM Student Life Page
- Step 1 Kickoff (MS-1 students are advised to use this link only for planning purposes. The MSS Office will advise students well in advance of deadlines and details on preparing for Step 1).
- Residency Application Checklist & Timeline (MS-1 students are advised to use this link only for planning purposes. The MSS Office will advise students well in advance of deadlines and details on preparing for applying to residency).