WELCOME TO THE UAB SCHOOL OF MEDICINE
We're excited you'll be joining us this fall! This page has a ton of information you need as a pre-matriculating student. Please read everything carefully, and if you can't find something, or have a question, just ask.
Can't find the information you need on this page? Email us!
Be sure to join UASOM Student Senate Slack Team and the #recentlyadmitted channel for updates and other communication. Instructions for getting setup on Slack are here. If you have trouble logging into Slack or finding the channel, email Jason Noah or Leah Carpenter.
- The Pre-Matriculation Checklist is a series of compliance activities students must complete before they will be allowed to matriculate.
- The deadline for completion is July 1.
- Students who have not completed the checklist by July 1 may be assessed a non-compliance fee; have their admission deferred for a year; or have their admission offer rescinded.
- A copy of the checklist can be found here.
Important Dates for Incoming Students
- July 1: Pre-Matriculation Checklist must be completed. See complete information below. Students who have not completed the checklist by this date may be assessed a non-compliance fee; have their admission deferred for a year; or have their admission offer rescinded.
- July 25-July 29: New Student Orientation. Block 8am-5pm each day for Orientation events and activities. See complete information below.
- August 1: MS1 classes begin. For more information, visit the Undergraduate Medical Education Class Schedules page.
- August 12: White Coat Ceremony Walk-Through, 3:15-4pm. This is required for all students planning to participate in the White Coat Ceremony. Students who do not attend the walk-through will not be allowed to participate in the White Coat Ceremony.
- August 14: White Coat Ceremony, 2-4pm. See complete information below.
New Student Orientation
- New Student Orientation is scheduled for July 25-29.
- Students should block off 8am-5pm each day. Don't schedule doctor's appointments, utility hook-up appointments, etc. during this time.
- The schedule for Orientation 2016 here.