WELCOME TO THE UAB SCHOOL OF MEDICINE
We're excited you'll be joining us this fall! This page has a ton of information you need as a recently admitted student. Please read everything carefully, and if you can't find something, or have a question, just ask.
Can't find the information you need on this page? Email us!
Be sure to join your UASOM Class Facebook Page. Search for "UASOM Class of 2021". If you have trouble finding the page, email Jason Noah or Leah Carpenter.
Important 2017 Dates for Incoming Students
- July 1: Admitted Student Checklist must be completed. See complete information below. Students who have not completed the checklist by this date may be assessed a non-compliance fee; have their admission deferred for a year; or have their admission offer rescinded.
- July 24-July 28: New Student Orientation. Block 8am-5pm each day for Orientation events and activities. See complete information below.
- Classes. For more information, visit the Undergraduate Medical Education Class Schedules page.
- August 11: White Coat Ceremony Walk-Through, 3:15-4pm. This is required for all students planning to participate in the White Coat Ceremony. Students who do not attend the walk-through will not be allowed to participate in the White Coat Ceremony.
- August 12: The UAB School of Medicine Medical Alumni Association Family BBQ
- This event is open to all new students and their families.
- Regions Field on the evening of August 12.
- Contact Beth Eddings in the MAA Office for complete details.
- August 13: White Coat Ceremony, 2-4pm. See complete information below.
New Student Orientation
- New Student Orientation is scheduled for July 24-28.
- Students should block off 8am-5pm each day. Don't schedule doctor's appointments, utility hook-up appointments, etc. during this time.
- To see last year's schedule for Orientation 2016 here.
- The 2017 Orientation schedule will be posted here after July 1.