Recently AdmittedWelcome, Accepted Candidate!
Important Things to Know:
- Orientation begins Monday, July 28, 2014. You can find last year's schedule here. The complete 2014 schedule will be uploaded June 1.
- Dress for the first day is professional. (Photos will be taken for student composite).
- Bring a pen and notebook to take notes. Laptops are not permitted during orientation.
- If you haven't already, join the UAB School of Medicine Class of 2018 Facebook group.
- Save the date for the White Coat Ceremony, Sunday, August 17, at 2pm, at the Alys-Stephens Performing Arts Center.
- Due to seating contraints, each student will be given four tickets to use when inviting guest to the White Coat Ceremony. One guest per ticket.
- Please review A Guide to UASOM White Coat Ceremony for complete information on the day.
Videos to Watch
- There are several videos you'll need to watch prior to attending orientation. They'll be uploaded in this section around June 1.
From the Admissions Office
- All students have to complete the prematriculation checklist. As soon as it's complete, it will be uploaded here.
- Please review the FAQ’s, the UASOM Student Code of Professional Conduct and the UASOM Technical Standards.
- Information about the Accommodation Application Process can be found here.
- Housing Information
- Parking Information
Note: you will not be able to sign up for parking until arriving on campus
- Campus Maps
- UAB Mobile App
"It will be fine"
Military Med Student
Ins and outs
On military medicine
On being a physician-scientist
Second Career Student
Becoming/Being a Parent
Mom with a newborn
Mom with two older daughters
Mom with two babies during med school
Dad with newborn
Married to another med student
Met in med school
Planning a wedding
Struggled with Fundamentals
My official letter of acceptance went to my parent's house. Can they scan the Offer of Acceptance to me for me to sign and send to you?
No. We must receive the original copy of the acceptance offer, and it must be signed by the accepted applicant. We can't accept a copy of the signed original in any format (fax, scan or photocopy), nor can we accept a signed photocopy of the original.
If UASOM has received my final transcripts, why does my "Minimum Coursework Completed" say no?
While you are currently accepted to UASOM and have sent copies of your final transcripts with your degree posted, your "Minimum Coursework Completed?" may still say "no" when you check the status of your application. We don't audit transcripts for required coursework until May 15 due to fluctuations in our accepted applicants.