Rural MedicineWelcome to Rural Medicine
We would like to wish you a most enjoyable and rewarding educational experience during your 4-week rural clerkship. Please note the Rural Clerkship Questionnaire, this must be completed and turned-in at the end of your rural clerkship.
During your rural clerkship
- Please note the clerkship goals and objectives and bear these in mind while working with your rural preceptor.
- You must maintain a diagnosis and procedure logs in EVALUE.
Upon completion of your rural clerkship
- Please ask your preceptor to sit down and review with you the evaluation form s/he is filling out on you.
- Attend Debriefing Session with Dr. Behringer, Friday, August 25th @ 1:30 p.m.
- Give the completed questionnaire and evaluations of your preceptor and the preceptor site to Ms. Angela Edwards in Room 319.
- Complete the EVALUE clerkship evaluation.
- If your rural rotation is with a Family Physician or General Internist in a town of less than 25,000, you are entitled to receive $250 as a travel stipend granted by the Alabama Family Practice Rural Health Board. See Angela Edwards (room 319) to complete the necessary paper work.