Some resources and services the library provides to volunteer faculty:
- 24/7 key fob access, including access to the library computer lab, photocopier, scanner and check out of materials.
- Use of departmental codes for free educational photocopying.
- Online access to a multitude of journal articles through affiliation with the Lister Hill Library in Birmingham (requires a BlazerID).
- Access to approximately 85 core clinical print journal titles, including a few that are not covered under Lister Hill Library's online subscriptions.
- Interlibrary Loan/Document Delivery for journal articles that are not available online or in our print collection.
- Subscriptions to six "Audio-Digest" titles on CD.
- Individual or group instructional sessions on using PubMed and other research databases. With an appointment, instruction can be provided in your office or at the library.
BlazerID: Once you have completed UAB's Volunteer Faculty process, you will be assigned a number that will allow you to create a BlazerID. The BlazerID and strong password is the key to accessing online resources and services that are only available to affiliates of UAB. For more details about the BlazerID and instructions on how to obtain yours, go to the main UAB website, and click the "BlazerID" link that is under the "Information Technology" heading. There you will fill in the blanks with your employee number and personal information. Instructions are provided at each step. Please select your ID name carefully — it cannot be changed later and will visible in the searchable UAB directory.
For assistance in creating your BlazerID, using your BlazerID to access the electronic resources, or setting up a library instructional session, feel free to contact library staff.
Contact the Library Staff:
Director and Librarian
Library Assistant II