From left to right: Top row, Penny Whiteside; Lisa Laycock Willett, MD; Gustavo Heudebert, MD; Majd Zayzafoon, MD, PhD, MBA; bottom row, Muhammad Aljuhani, MD; Ali Al-Beshri, MD; Ali Khalofa, MD, and Maryam Alkaabi, MD.
The International Advanced Clinical Training program is directed by Majd Zayzafoon, MD, PhD, MBA, Associate Professor in the Departments of Pathology and Medical Education. It is housed within the Department of Medical Education. The development of InterACT has been a faculty-driven effort, characteristic of many successful programs at UAB.
InterACT Leadership Committee
- Majd Zayzafoon, MD, PhD, MBA, Associate Professor of Pathology and Medical Education; Director, International Advanced Clinical Training Program; and Director, Center for Metabolic Bone Disease
- Hughes Evans, MD, PhD, Professor of Pediatrics; Senior Associate Dean for Medical Education; Chair, Department of Medical Education
- Suzanne Austin, PhD, Professor of Epidemiology; Vice Provost for Student and Faculty Success
- Gustavo Heudebert, MD, Professor of General Internal Medicine; Designated Institutional Official; Assistant Dean, Graduate Medical Education; and Vice Chair for Education in the Department of Medicine
- Nancy Tofil, MD, Associate Professor in Pediatric Critical Care; Associate Program Director for the Pediatric Residency Training Program; and Medical Director of the Pediatric Simulation Center
- Heustis “Penny” Whiteside Jr., Director of Sponsored International Programs
- Lisa Laycock Willett, MD, Associate Professor of Medicine; Director of the Tinsley Harrison Internal Medicine Residency
- Nathaniel Robin, MD, Professor of Genetics; Director of the Medical Genetics Residency Program