From left to right: Top row, Sergio Stagno, MD; Nancy Tofil, MD; Provost Linda Lucas, PhD; Gustavo Heudebert, MD; Penny Whiteside; Majd Zayzafoon, MD, PhD, MBA; bottom row, Fahd Almohid, MD; Hussein Al Amer, MD; Tariq Alrasheed, MD.
The International Advanced Clinical Training program is directed by Majd Zayzafoon, MD, PhD, MBA, associate professor in the Departments of Pathology and Medical Education. It is housed within the Department of Medical Education. The development of InterACT has been a faculty-driven effort, characteristic of many successful programs at UAB.
InterACT Steering Committee
- Majd Zayzafoon, MD, PhD, MBA, Director, International Clinical Training Program and Center for Metabolic Bone Disease, Associate Professor of Pathology and Medical Education
- Hughes Evans, MD, PhD, Senior Associate Dean for Medical Education
- Suzanne Austin, PhD, Vice Provost for Student and Faculty Success
- Gustavo Heudebert, MD, Professor of General Internal Medicine and Vice Chair for Education in the Department of Medicine
- Nancy Tofil, MD, Assistant Professor in Pediatric Critical Care and Medical Director of the Pediatric Simulation Center
- Heustis “Penny” Whiteside Jr., Director of Sponsored International Programs
- Lisa Laycock Willett, MD, Director of the Tinsley Harrison Internal Medicine Residency