All positions for residency in the UAB Montgomery Internal Medicine Residency Program are filled through the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP). Only electronic application submitted through ERAS are considered. We do not accept applications or information received by mail, email, or fax to our office. We do not offer "pre-match" positions in our program.
Our NRMP program numbers for MATCH participation are as follows:
Categorical Track NRMP Program Code 1009140C0 – Three (3) year Traditional Internal Medicine Track
Preliminary Track NRMP Program Code 1009140P0 – One (1) year Internal Medicine before continuing into another specialty (Radiology, Dermatology, Neurology, Anesthesiology, and Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation)
U.S. Medical students should contact their Dean's Office for information and access to ERAS.
Foreign Medical Graduates must apply to our program through ERAS and by contacting the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG).
Application to Residency Program: Make sure your ERAS application contains the following items:
• Curriculum Vitae
• Personal Statement
• USMLE scores
• Three Letters of Recommendation
• Dean's Letter (MRSP)
• Copy of Medical School diploma and transcript
• ECFMG certificate, (International graduates)
To be eligible for selection to the UAB Montgomery Internal Medicine Residency Program, the following requirements must be met:
• Must have graduated from an ACGME approved medical school within five (5) years of application.
• Must have passed USMLE Step I, with a minimum score of 80 or 200, on first attempt. Any application received with a failed score is subject to additional review. USMLE Step 2 and CK passing scores must be in ERAS prior to February 1, of application year.
• International Applicants must have a valid ECFMG certificate prior to February 1, of application year.
• We sponsor H-1B and J-1 Visas (H-1 & J-1). To be eligible for consideration of H1-B Visa approval, you must have taken and passed USMLE Step 3 by February 1, of application year.
• U.S. clinical experience is not a requirement, but it helps your application for residency. Research is not considered US Clinical Experience.
Due to the large number of applications to our program, satisfaction of the above requirement does not automatically qualify you for an interview. All interviews are extended through the Selection and Review Committee of the program.The UAB Montgomery Internal Medicine Residency Program participates in the ERAS program (Electronic Residency Application Service). No paper applications will be considered.
In each recruiting period, our application deadline is Dec. 31, with interviews being held on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays beginning in November.
For more information, please contact:Joy Brown, Program Coordinator