Residency Program Requirements
To be eligible to join the UAB/Selma Family Medicine Residency Program:
- Applicant must have passed Step I and Step II in two attempts — a minimum score is not required.
- Applicant must have graduated from medical school no longer than five years ago.
- Applicant must have a valid ECFMG certificate (international graduates). UAB/Selma Family Medicine Residency Program does sponsor visas (H-1 & J-1). All visa questions should be directed to our Immigration Department at UAB.
- U.S. clinical experience preferred.
Application To The Residency Program
- We only accept applications through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS)
- No paper applications are accepted, except after match.
After match, send the following:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Personal Statement
- USMLE scores
- Three Letters of Recommendation
- Dean's Letter
- Copy of Medical School diploma
- ECFMG certificate (international graduates)
UAB/Selma Family Medicine
Kandice Collins - Program Coordinator
1023 Medical Center Parkway, STE 200
Selma, AL 36701