North Carolina Links:
- North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services/ HIV/STD Prevention and Care Unit
- HIV/STDs in North Carolina - Facts & Figures
South Carolina Links:
- South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control/HIV, AIDS, and Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- SC DHEC Division of STD/HIV Training Calendar
- HIV, AIDS, and STD Data and Reports
- Centers for Disease Control, Division of STD Prevention
- CDC Resources:
- National LGBT Health Education Center
- US Public Health Service PrEP Guidelines
- STD Clinical Consultation Network (National Network of STD Clinical Prevention Training Centers Warmline)
- Deep South CME Network--STD Update Webcasts (Free CME available)
- The Deep South CME Network was founded in 2003 to bring evidence-based educational experiences on the care of complex patients to southeastern physicians and nurse practitioners. Since that time, the network has grown to include health care professionals throughout the U.S. and in many other countries.
- NNPTC Online Case Series (Free CEU, CNE and CME available)
- This web-based case series is designed for practicing clinicians who diagnose, treat, and manage patients with, or at risk for, sexually transmitted diseases (STDs). The series includes case presentations of common STD-related syndromes with a guided, interactive process to evaluate each case, arrive at a diagnosis, and provide recommended treatment. In addition, each case is designed to improve skills in assessing patient risk, communicating risk reduction techniques, and managing partners. Each case should take about one hour to complete. Continuing education is available free of charge.
- National STD Curriculum
- The National STD Curriculum is a free educational Web site from the UW STD Prevention and Training Center and the University of Washington. This project is funded by a grant from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). The curriculum addresses the epidemiology, pathogenesis, clinical manifestations, diagnosis, management, and prevention of STDs.Free CME credit and free CNE credit are offered throughout the site.