Regularly scheduled activities
The Division is proud of its strong commitment to medical education and its successes in this arena. Over the past decade, the Division has been an annual recipient of one of the three DOM Best Teaching Division awards given yearly by the Medicine House staff. In addition, over the same period, numerous ID faculty have been named “Outstanding Teacher” in the Department and/or School of Medicine as well as other teaching awards and recognition.
On a weekly basis, the Division conducts six well-attended teaching conferences: ID Board Review, International Rounds, Journal Club, Case Conference, ID Grand Rounds, and weekly 1917 Clinic conference.
- Infectious Diseases Board Review, International Rounds, OR Journal Club - Monday, 12PM
- International Rounds is a “live” case discussion conference with clinicians at Universidad Peruana Cayetano Heredia in Lima, Peru using a real-time audio-video interface.
- ID Case Conference - Thursday, 8AM
- ID Grand Rounds - Thursday, 12PM
- Lunch provided.
- Speakers at Grand Rounds include our own faculty and fellows, plus “experts” from other disciplines within UAB, and from other academic medical centers.
- 1917 Clinic Conference - Bi-monthly, 2nd and 4th Friday, 12PM