- Our course lasts a total of four weeks.
- Students will be a member of a team consisting of:
- an attending physician
- 1-2 ID fellows
- 2-3 Internal Medicine residents
- 1-4 medical students
- Students will:
- Perform histories, physical examinations, and review medical records of patients requested for Infectious Diseases consultation.
- Focus on the microbiological assessment and the therapeutic plan for a variety of infectious disorders including; fever of unknown origin, infective endocarditis, opportunistic infections in the setting of bone marrow or solid organ transplantation, and nosocomial infections.
- Develop an expanded fund of knowledge relative to the differential diagnosis of microorganisms causing infection and antimicrobial agents.
- Students will be expected to be active participants in scheduled Division of Infectious Disease conferences including twice weekly antibiotic lectures, weekly case conferences and other scheduled lectures.
Applicants must apply through UAB's International Medical Education Office