Dr. Eaton is a clinical investigator with an interest in the comparative effectiveness of contemporary antiretroviral therapies and the cost-effectiveness of comprehensive HIV care. In addition, Dr. Eaton enjoys caring for patients at the 1917 Clinic and UAB Hospital and is an Associate Scientist with the Center for AIDS Research (CFAR).
- Eaton awarded UAB CFAR Pilot Award for proposal, "Identifying patient-centered STI testing options to reduce STI/HIV transmission in men who have sex with men.” The proposal involves discrete choice analysis related to preferences for STI/HIV testing among young, difficult to reach MSM.
- Dr. Eaton selected for the Department of Medicine's February Research Spotlight.
- Eaton E, Kulczycki A, Saag M, Mugavero M, Raper J. Immunization Costs and Programmatic Barriers at an urban HIV Clinic. Clin Infect Dis. 2015 Dec 1;61(11):1726-31. doi: 10.1093/cid/civ637. Epub 2015 Jul 29.
- Eaton E, Mugavero M, Saag M, Kilgore M. Cost Considerations in the Current ART era. AIDS. 2016 Apr 14.
- Eaton E. Mugavero M. Affordable Care Act, Medicaid Expansion…or Not: Ryan White Care Act Remains Essential Towards Access and Equity. Clin Infect Dis. 2016 May 3. pii: ciw280.
- Eaton E, et al. Unanticipated Effects of New Drug Availability on Antiretroviral Durability: Implications for Comparative Effectiveness Research. Open Forum Infect Dis(Spring 016)3(2):doi:10.1093/ofid/ofw109