|Sonya L. Heath, MD
Medical School: Medical College of Virginia/Virginia Commonwealth University
Residency: Internal Medicine, UAB
Fellowship: Infectious Diseases, UAB
1. Characterization of cytotoxic T Lymphocyte (CTL) responses at various stages of HIV infection.
2. Maintenance of memory CTL responses in HIV infection.
3. Mechanisms of generating an optimal immune response (HIV vaccine development).
4. Factors influencing cell death and survival of HIV specific CD8 T cells.
- Dr. Heath has earned an NIH HIV supplement for “The Role of HIV-Infection and Antiretroviral Therapy related Mitochondrial Toxicity in Accelerated Aging.” - September 2015
UAB Medicine Physician Profile