Medical School: Medical College of Virginia/Virginia Commonwealth University
Residency: Internal Medicine, UAB
Fellowship: Infectious Diseases, UAB
- Characterization of cytotoxic T Lymphocyte (CTL) responses at various stages of HIV infection.
- Maintenance of memory CTL responses in HIV infection.
- Mechanisms of generating an optimal immune response (HIV vaccine development).
- Factors influencing cell death and survival of HIV specific CD8 T cells.
- Dr. Heath has earned an NIH HIV supplement for “The Role of HIV-Infection and Antiretroviral Therapy related Mitochondrial Toxicity in Accelerated Aging.” - September 2015.
UAB Medicine Physician Profile