|Martin Rodriguez, MD
Medical School: Universidad Peruana Cayetano Heredia
Residency: Internal Medicine, UAB
Fellowship: Infectious Diseases, Massachusetts General Hospital
Research interests are Clostridium difficile infection, urinary tract infections, tropical diseases including malaria, tuberculosis, metabolic complications in HIV, education interventions in Infectious Diseases for developing countries, and education interventions for internal medicine residents and medical students.
Internal medicine, General Infectious Diseases, Travel Medicine
The Department is delighted to report that our Tinsley Teams made significant progress in writing discharge orders before 10:00 a.m. In June, only 15% of discharge orders were written before 10:00 a.m. In July, the number increased to 40%. Kudos to everyone involved in decreasing our patients’ wait times for beds: R.J. Blackburn, MD (Chief Medical Resident), Martin Rodriguez, MD, (Director of the Tinsley Harrison Service) and all our outstanding residents.
1) Vick A, Estrada CA,Rodriguez JM.Clinical reasoning for the infectious diseases specialist: a primer to recognize cognitive biases. Clin Infect Dis 2013; 57(4): 573-578. PMID 23595833
2) Salinas JL, Alave JL, Westfall AO, Paz J, Moran F, Carbajal-Gonzalez D, Callacondo D, Avalos O,Rodriguez M, Gotuzzo E, Echevarria J, Willig JH.Medication Possession Ratio Predicts Antiretroviral Regimens Persistence in Peru. PLoS ONE 2013; 8(10):e76323. PMID 24098475
3) Jones B, Brzezinski WA, Estrada CA,Rodriguez M, Kraemer RR.A 22-year-old woman with abdominal pain. Exercises in Clinical Reasoning. J Gen Intern Med 2014; 29(7):1074-8. PMID 24420866
4) Coker J, Castiglioni A, Kraemer RR, Massie FS, Morris JL,Rodriguez M, Russell SW, Shaneyfelt T, Willett LL, Estrada CA. Evaluation of an advanced physical diagnosis course using consumer preferences methods: the nominal Group technique.Am J Med Sci 2014; 347 (3):199-205. PMID 23552288
5) Nevin CR, Cherrington A, Roy B, Daly DD,Rodriguez JM, Patel M, Snyder ED, Gaffo AL, Barney J, Willig JH. A qualitative assessment of internal medicine resident perceptions of graduate medical education following implementation of the 2011 ACGME duty hour standards. BMC Medical Education 2014; 14:84-90. PMID 24755276
6) Nevin CR, Westfall AO,Rodriguez JM, Dempsey DM, Cherrington A, Roy B, Patel M, Willig JH. Gamification as a tool for enhancing graduate medical education. Postgrad Med 2014; 90(1070):685-93. PMID 25352673
7) Stripling J, Kumar R, Baddley JW, Nellore A, Dixon P, Howard D, Ptacek T, Lefkowitz EJ, Tallaj JA, Benjamin WH, Morrow CD,Rodriguez JM. Loss of VRE fecal dominance in an organ transplant patient withClostridium difficilecolitis after fecal microbiota transplant. Open Forum Infect Dis 2015; 3; 2(2):ofv078. PMID 26180828
8) Kumar R, Maynard CL, Eipers P, Goldsmith KT, Ptacek T, Grubbs JA, Dixon P, Howard D, Crossman DK, Crowley MR, Benjamin WH Jr, Lefkowitz WJ, Weaver CT,Rodriguez JM, Morrow CD. Colonization potential to reconstitute a microbe community in patients detected early after fecal microbe transplant for recurrentC. difficile. BMC Microbiol 2016 16(1):5. PMID 26758906