High-Field NMR Facility
N. Rama Krishna, Ph.D. BMG, Chemistry & CCC
Website: High Field NMR
The UAB High-Field NMR facility offers expertise and assistance in the following research capabilities:
- Metabolite studies by in-vitro NMR on suspended cells, on biofluids (e.g., serum, blood plasma, urine etc), tissues, and cell and tissue extracts (homogenized extracts, perchloric acid extracts etc). We can implement a Metabonomics NMR capability if there is enough demand. This capability can complement imaging modalities.
- Quality control on synthetic and medicinal chemistry compounds by NMR of 1H and other nuclei (13C, 19F, 31P, 15N, 195Pt, etc.)
- Three-dimensional structure determinations of proteins and their complexes including complexes with low-molecular weight compounds
- STD-NMR screening of compound libraries to identify “hits” (an excellent complement to HTS screening method).
- Fragment-based discovery and design of new lead compounds
- Determination of binding epitopes of small molecules
- Structures of membrane proteins
- Bruker Avance 850 MHz NMR System with a cryoprobe
- Bruker Avance 700 MHz NMR system with a cryoprobe
- Bruker Avance 600 MHz NMR system with a cryoprobe
- Bruker Avance 500 MHz NMR system with a broadband probe
This Facility is also a Cancer Center Shared Facility