Mentor and Mentee Responsibilities
Mentor responsibilities generally include:
- Meeting and communicating with mentees on a regular basis to share expertise;
- Guiding mentees on research projects, grant development, and manuscript preparation,
- Providing advice on career development,
- Reviewing mentees' progress reports;
- Completing mentee evaluations as needed.
- Conduct research in an ethical and responsible manner expected of faculty members;
- Maintain satisfactory progress and participation in the training program according to the established timeline and as suggested by the mentor;
- Schedule regular meetings with the mentor and follow through with communication and plans.