Kearney Is UAB 2013 Distinguished Faculty Lecturer
Congratulations to microbiology department faculty member Dr. John Kearney who was named UAB 2013 Distinguished Faculty Lecturer, one of the highest honors a UAB faculty member can receive.
After earning his Ph.D. in immunology from the University of Melbourne, Australia, Kearney came to UAB as a postdoc with Drs. Cooper and Lawton. His postdoctoral work focused on in vitro models of immunoglobulin isotope switching. He joined the microbiology staff in 1977 and has continued his studies on B cell differentiation. His work has brought worldwide recognition to UAB.
Kearney will be the keynote speaker at the 2013 Distinguished Faculty Lecturer reception in the fall.
Read more about Dr. Kearney's accomplishments.
Listen to an interview with Dr. Kearney.
Kym Proctor Is Employee of the MonthAs program administrator for the Immunology and Microbiology Themes of UAB's Graduate Biomedical Sciences program, Kym is the person in the know. She routinely answers questions about enrolling in graduate school at UAB, registering for classes, and even the best places to go for lunch. “She is the rock we lean on for support, the glue that holds our program together, the one who keeps us on track, the Mom away from home, the therapist, the shoulder we cry on and the sun on a cloudy day,” says Melissa Oliver, Ph.D. candidate in the GBS program.
Read more about Kym at Proctor named Employee of the Month for August.
Opportunity of a Lifetime UAB President Ray Watts Has Big Vision for the Future of UABUAB Magazine July 2013
- UAB Beckman Scholars Attend 2013 Symposium
- Spring Immunology Symposium Brings People Together
- Chaplin Named Associate Dean for Faculty Development
- Mestecky Awarded Honorary Doctorate of Medicine
- Hiramoto Travel Award Deadline July 1, 2013
- Fernandez to Speak at Beckman Symposium
- Jocelyn Hauser Receives ASM Richard and Mary Finkelstein Grant
- Following in Big Footsteps
- Tse Speaks Out in Diabetes Forecast
- Deep Impact: A Compound for Concussions