- Published on February 07, 2014
The 5th Southeastern Mycobacteria Meeting was supported by UAB Center for AIDS Research, UAB Microbiology Department, and Infectious Disease, Global Health and Vaccines Strategic Planning Initiative.
To read more about this meeting, go to “Mycobacteria meeting focuses on TB.”
For more about Mycobacterium tuberculosis, go to “UAB Reaches to Africa to Study TB;” “Drug-resistant TB underestimated, Cassell says;” and “Disrupting iron transport leads to cell death in tuberculosis bacterium.”
- Published on February 05, 2014
Chang’s poster is one of only 60 chosen from 600 entries. He will be the first from Alabama to present.
Posters on the Hill, sponsored by the Council on Undergraduate Research, Washington, D.C., is a part of the National Conference on Undergraduate Research. It provides an opportunity for members of Congress to understand the importance of undergraduate research by talking directly with the students and their mentors.
Chang and Saad hope to meet with many Congressional Representatives to tell them how important federal funding is to basic research and the development of future scientists.
- Published on February 04, 2014
Read more about the matrix-assisted laser desorption/ionization imaging mass spectrometry—MALDI-IMS in the Tuesday, January 28, 2014, edition of the UAB Reporter.
- Published on December 17, 2013
December 14, 2013
Robert Marsden Cox, Jr.
Christina Michelle Croney
Kristopher Ruben Genschmer
David Samuel Jordan, Jr.
Lauren M. Lilly
Michael R. Ludwig
Eva Szymanska Mroczek
Amber Lynne Rowse
Kimberly A. Thomas
Melissa Marie Walker
- Published on December 13, 2013
Briles’ work on proteins that are candidate antigens for pneumococcal vaccines has led to several patents on pneumonia vaccines.
The National Academy of Inventors, founded in 2010, recognizes and encourages inventors with patents issued from the US Patent and Trademark Office. The organization is comprised of more than 3,000 members and fellows from more than 200 US and international universities, and governmental and non-profit research institutions.
- Published on November 22, 2013
- 2013 UAB Microbiology Research Retreat
- Bedwell Elected to SOM Faculty Council
- Kearney Is UAB 2013 Distinguished Faculty Lecturer
- Kym Proctor Is Employee of the Month
- Opportunity of a Lifetime UAB President Ray Watts Has Big Vision for the Future of UAB
- UAB Beckman Scholars Attend 2013 Symposium
- Spring Immunology Symposium Brings People Together
- Chaplin Named Associate Dean for Faculty Development
- Mestecky Awarded Honorary Doctorate of Medicine
- Hiramoto Travel Award Deadline July 1, 2013
- Fernandez to Speak at Beckman Symposium
- Jocelyn Hauser Receives ASM Richard and Mary Finkelstein Grant
- Following in Big Footsteps
- Tse Speaks Out in Diabetes Forecast
- Deep Impact: A Compound for Concussions
- Two Micro Students Awarded Ireland Research Travel Scholarships
- Chaplin Elected to Faculty Senate
- Beckman Scholar to Join Saad’s Lab
- Fernandez Receives Arts and Sciences Dean’s Award
- Lefkowitz Examines the Human Microbiome