- Published on May 24, 2013
- Published on May 06, 2013
Winter 2013 UAB Medicine
- Published on May 03, 2013
Rowland’s award will help cover some of the travel expenses for her trip this summer to Durban, South Africa, where she will participate in a summer internship program at K-RITH (KwaZulu-Natal Research Institute for Tuberculosis and HIV).
Doornbos will be doing an 8-week collaboration with Wilbert Bitter at VU (Vrije Universiteit) this summer. Her award will help fund her travel expenses to the University in Amsterdam.
- Published on April 29, 2013
In spring 2013, David Chaplin, M.D., Ph.D., was elected to a position on the UAB Faculty Senate. The Faculty Senate provides a voice for UAB’s faculty in addressing a variety of matters that affect the University. Faculty representatives from all academic units make up the Senate.
- Published on April 15, 2013
“I am excited to have two Beckman Scholars in my lab at the same time [in addition to Timothy Fernandez who received the 2012 Beckman Scholarship]. Having two Beckman Scholars in the same lab at the same time is a very rare case in the US since it is considered an extremely competitive award,” explains Dr. Saad.
- Published on April 08, 2013
The Dean’s Scholarship Award is a college-wide scholarship open to students currently enrolled in or admitted to a degree-granting program in the College of Arts and Sciences who have demonstrated solid academic promise and leadership qualities. Recipients must have at least an overall 3.0 grade point average.
Timothy has worked in Jamil Saad’s lab for three years and is a co-author on a JBC manuscript "Binding of calmodulin to the HIV-1 matrix protein triggers myristate exposure" and a review in Frontiers in Microbiology published last year. He will be recognized for this achievement at Honors Convocation on Tuesday, May 7th.
- Lefkowitz Examines the Human Microbiome
- Graduate Student Receives IADR Travel Award
- Two UAB Students Chosen for K-RITH Summer Program
- Microbiology Trainees Receive Graduate Student Research Days Awards
- Micro Trainee Receives Sinkala Travel Award
- Obesity Is Topic for UAB Alumnus Speaker
- UAB Program in Immunology NIH Training Grant Scores a Perfect 10
- Microbiology PostDocs Win Awards
- Infectious Diseases, Global Health and Vaccines Requests Applications
- Prevelige Discusses Research in February 2013 BioTechniques
- 2012 Microbiology Research Retreat
- Walter's Project a Perfect 10
- Graduate Student Leland Black Receives Award
- Yother Is SOM Diversity Nominee
- New Additions to Novak Lab