UAB gratefully accepts gifts to support the Division of Nephrology, especially those made in honor or memory of someone significant to the donor. Gifts to UAB are tax-deductible** and may be made in several forms, including:
- Cash: Cash gifts provide immediate benefits to the institution. The actual cost to the donor may be reduced by tax savings achieved through a charitable contribution deduction. Please click here for a downloadable form.
- Memorial gifts will be promptly acknowledged to the family of the honoree; please note that the specific amount of such gifts is not disclosed.
- Pledges: UAB accepts pledges payable over a period of up to five years. Pledges may be paid in equal or varying amounts, according to the donor’s wishes.
- Appreciated Marketable Securities: Giving appreciated securities may have special tax advantages. Within limitations, the donor may avoid the capital gains tax and be eligible for a charitable deduction for the full market value of such securities at the time of the gift. Contributions in excess of the limitations may be eligible for carryover to future tax years.
Please contact Virginia Gilbert Loftin at (205) 975-5602 if you wish to make a gift of stock.
- Real Estate and Personal Property: Gifts of real estate and other personal property generally have the advantages described for gifts of securities, provided the property is a long-term capital asset in the hands of the donor. The donor’s qualified appraiser must determine fair market value for income tax purposes.
UAB will be happy to provide further information about these or other charitable arrangements, including gifts of life insurance and planned gifts such as Charitable Lead or Remainder Trusts and Charitable Gift Annuities, to fit your individual financial situation and charitable objectives.
Because aspects of some giving methods are highly technical or subject to different tax consequences based upon individual circumstances, UAB encourages donors to consult with an attorney, accountant, or other qualified advisor. UAB welcomes the opportunity to work with these professionals to accomplish the donor’s objectives.
For more information: Virginia Gilbert Loftin, Executive Director of Development
**UAB qualifies as a 501c3 organization; documentation is available upon request.
UAB’s federal tax ID number is 63-6005396; a W-9 form is also available upon request.