Center for Neuroimmunology
- To foster clinical and fundamental research on neuroimmunologic processes and diseases.
- To provide clinical and research training in neuroimmunology.
- To evaluate and treat acute and chronic neurological and neuromuscular diseases which are caused by autoimmune mechanisms or linked to presumed abnormalities affecting the immune system.
- There are a large number of diseases and processes affecting the nervous and neuromuscular systems. Primary diseases to be included for diagnosis and management will be the following:
- multiple sclerosis,
- Guillain-Barre' syndrome,
- chronic polyneuropathies,
- Lambert-Eaton syndrome
- myasthenia gravis,
- inflammatory myopathy, and
- paraneoplastic neurological conditions.