Lindy E. Harrell, M.D., Ph.D.
Division of Memory Disorders and Behavioral Neurology
Professional Background: M.D., University of Miami, 1977
Office: SC 620F, 1720 7th Ave S, Birmingham AL 35294-0017
Dr. Harrell served as Director of the Alzheimer’s Disease Center at UAB from 1991 through 2005. She had a long and distinguished career in neurology with an impressive list of qualifications, having first obtained a B.A. degree (cum laude) in 1971 in Psychology from the University of Miami, a M.S. degree in 1973 in Psychology from the University of Massachusetts, a Ph.D. in 1974 in Psychology from the University of Massachusetts, and a M.D. degree in 1977 from the University of Miami.
She was board certified in 1981 by the North Carolina State Board of Medical Examiners, in 1983 by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology, and in 1983 by the Alabama State Board of Medical Licensure.
Dr. Harrel had hospital staff privileges at the University of Alabama Hospital, the Birmingham Veteran's Administration Medical Center, and Cooper Green Hospital. Some of the Awards and Honors she received are:
- Best Doctors in America: Southeast Region
- Marquis' Who's Who in the South and Southwest: June 1996
- Marquis' Who's Who in American Physicians: June 1996
- Busse Research Award: October 13, 1995
- Marquis' Who's Who in American Women: 1997
- Neurology: Behavioral, neuroanatomical, biochemical, and physiological correlates of dementia and other memory disorders.
- Pharmacological management of dementia.