UAB Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology
Division of Maternal and Fetal
Criteria for Admission
- The UAB Maternal-Fetal Fellowship-eligible applicant must have satisfactorily completed a Obstetrics and Gynecology residency
accreditedby either the American Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME), or the Council of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada (CRCPSC), and have acquired appropriate knowledge and skills in general Obstetrics and Gynecology.
- The UAB Maternal-Fetal Fellowship-eligible applicant are graduates of medical schools outside the United States and Canada must possess a currently valid certificate from the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG), or have a full unrestricted license to practice medicine in a US licensing jurisdiction in which they are training.
- Applicants will apply to the UAB Maternal-Fetal Fellowship Program via the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS).
Applications will be accepted until May 31, 2011.
Candidates will submit the following materials:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Personal Statement
- Three letters of recommendation:
- Department Chair
- Residency Program Director
- Faculty of your choice
- The Maternal-Fetal Fellowship-eligible applicants will be selected on the basis of residency program-related criteria such as preparedness, ability, aptitude, academic credentials (including research initiatives & publications), communication skills, and personal qualities such as motivation and integrity. Applicants will be chosen without discrimination regarding sex, race, age, religion, color, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other applicable legally protected status.
- The Program Director, in conjunction with the program’s Associate Director and selected teaching faculty, reviews all applications, and personal interviews are granted to those applicants thought to possess the most appropriate qualifications, as determined by guidelines established by the program.
- Each applicant who is invited for an interview will be informed, in writing or by electronic means, of the terms, conditions, and benefits of appointment, including financial support; vacation; parental, sick, and other leaves of absence;
professional liability, hospitalization, health, disability and other insurance provided for the fellows and their dependants; and the conditions under which call rooms, meals, laundry services, or their equivalents are to be provided.
- The program will participate in the organized match program thru the NRMP.
- Following a successful Match confirmation for residency training in the 3-year fellow-in-training program is extended directly to the applicant by the program director, through a letter of offer.