Department NewsAmy Carr, RN, BSN, MSN, Unit Manager for the UAB Primary Care Clinic, who has been named the 2015 CDC Childhood Immunization Champion for the state of Alabama by the the CDC Foundation and the National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases (NCIRD). Read More
2015 KPRI Recipients:
Rud Polhill Grant for Senior Faculty:
|William Britt, MD,
Pediatric Infectious Diseases
|"Hearing Loss and Congenital CMV Infections: Exploration of Strategies to Limit Hearing Loss in Infected Infants"|
Junior Faculty Grants
|Greg Friedman, MD
Pediatric Hematology Oncology
|"Pilot Study of HSV G207 Alone or with Radiation in Children with Recurrent Brain Tumors"|
|William "Tom" Harris MD, MPH,
|"Mechanisms of Pulmonary Fibrosis in CF Lung Disease"|
|Brandon Rocque, MD
|"Improving the Transition to Adult Care for Patients with Spina Bifida"|
2014 Founder's Fund Grant Recipients Announced - The Founders’ Fund was established by the UAB Department of Pediatrics to honor the
exceptional lifetime achievements of the founders of Drs. John W. "Bill" Benton, Ralph E. Tiller and Paul A. Palmisano. In the 2014-2015 Founder’s Fund Award review cycle, the committee reviewed a record number of outstanding proposals granting full or partial funding to only nine projects.
2014 Pediatric Argus Award Nominees & Winners:
- Pediatrics - Winner BEST CLINICAL DEPARTMENT (BIRMINGHAM)
- Dr. Hussein Abdullatif - Winner Caduceus Club Award for Best Clinical Instructor (Birmingham).
- Dr. Hughes Evans - Winner Best Educator in Patient, Doctor, Society
- GI Drs. Kirk Thame & Catherine Fuller, Directors - Nominated for Best MS1 Organ Module and Best MS1 Organ Module Directors
- Dr. Kirk Thame - Nominated Best Lecturer (Gastrointestinal Module)
- Drs. Shawn Galin & Hussein Abdullatif, Directors - Winner Best MS2 Organ Module (Endocrine) and the Dale J Benos Award for Best MS-2 Organ Module Director/Co-Director.
- Dr. Hussein Abdullatif and Dr. Kim Hoover - Nominated Best Educators (Endocrine Module)
- Pediatrics - Nominated Best Clinical Department (Huntsville)
- Pediatrics - Nominated Best Clinical Department (Tuscaloosa)
Congratulations to pediatric Drs. Reed Dimmitt and Mark Prichard who have been selected to participate in the HLA Class of 2014.