2014 Pediatric Argus Award Nominees & Winners:
- Pediatrics - Winner BEST CLINICAL DEPARTMENT (BIRMINGHAM)
- Dr. Hussein Abdullatif - Winner Caduceus Club Award for Best Clinical Instructor (Birmingham).
- Dr. Hughes Evans - Winner Best Educator in Patient, Doctor, Society
- GI Drs. Kirk Thame & Catherine Fuller, Directors - Nominated for Best MS1 Organ Module and Best MS1 Organ Module Directors
- Dr. Kirk Thame - Nominated Best Lecturer (Gastrointestinal Module)
- Drs. Shawn Galin & Hussein Abdullatif, Directors - Winner Best MS2 Organ Module (Endocrine) and the Dale J Benos Award for Best MS-2 Organ Module Director/Co-Director.
- Dr. Hussein Abdullatif and Dr. Kim Hoover - Nominated Best Educators (Endocrine Module)
- Pediatrics - Nominated Best Clinical Department (Huntsville)
- Pediatrics - Nominated Best Clinical Department (Tuscaloosa)
UAB cardiologists implant subcutaneous defibrillator in first Alabama patient
Celebrating one of "our own," congratulations to Stephanie Meadows, this year's Susan D. Marchase Outstanding Woman Administrator. To see the announcement, click here.
Simulation training takes giant step forward
Stagno receives President’s Medal - UAB Medicine Article, December 2013.
Faculty become students during simulation training - UAB Medicine Article, December 2013.
Cribbs Named Director of New Heart Program
UAB Healthcare Leadership Class of 2014 Selects Two Pediatricians
Congratulations to pediatric Drs. Reed Dimmitt and Mark Prichard who have been selected to participate in the HLA Class of 2014.
Kara Graves is the 2013 Palmisano Award recipient. The award was presented by Drs. Hussein Abdullatif, Roger Berkow and Sergio Stagno.
Mackenzie Wilson and Kay Rainey were the Department's 2013 Cunningham Memorial Research Program recipients. Ms. Wilson worked with Dr. Wally Carlo, Neonatology, on her project entitled Neonatal Death in Developing Countries: Causes v. Timing. Ms. Rainey worked with Dr. Leon Dure, Neurology, on her project, Parents’ attitudes toward pediatric genetic testing and incidental finding.
2013 Society for Pediatric Research Awards:
- Reed Dimmitt, MD, Pediatric Gastroenterology, elected President of SSPR
- The Abbott Pediatric Educator Award was presented to Dr. Sergio Stagno for his outstanding work and years of dedication to Pediatric Medical Education.
- Annalise Sorrentino, MD, Pediatric Emergency Medicine, was thanked for her two year tenure as an SSPR Council Member.
- SSPR Awards were presented to the following DOP faculty and fellows:
- Chris Restrepo, MD, Ped. Emergency Medicine Fellow, and Ariel Salas, MD, Neonatology Fellow - Young Investigator Award finalists.
- Tracy Hwangpo, MD, Allergy and Immunology Fellow, and Alain Cuna, MD, Neonatology Fellow - Trainee Travel Award recipients.
- Lauren Nassetta, MD, Hospital Medicine - SSPR Young Faculty Travel Award.
- Jud Barber, MD, Ped. Emergency Medicine, is a new SSPR Council Member.