Once records have been received and reviewed, your patient may be scheduled. (CPODD currently holds multi-disciplinary clinics the first, second, and third Wednesdays every month, but urgent visits can be arranged at the request of the referring physician.)
There are two appointments CPODD recommends for patients.
1) Primary CPODD appointment with Clinic Team: Specialists who see patients at this primary appointment include:
- Jayne Ness, MD-PhD-pediatric neurologist, who specializes in pediatric demyelinating disorders
- Khurram Bashir, MD, MPH-adult neurologist, who specializes in MS and related disorders
- Sam Rubin, MD -child psychiatrist
- Yolanda Harris, CPNP-AC - nurse practitioner
Available to be in clinic on "as needed" basis
- Connie Cushing, MS, PT-physical therapist
- Michelle Puckett, OT -occupational therapist
2) Neuro-psychological Testing: We like to obtain baseline neuro-psychological testing on all our patients. Follow-up testing is done every two years on our patients with MS and other patients with neuro-cognitive deficits.
Appointments with other specialties may be coordinated based on the needs of the child (school psychology, urology, rehabilitation, ophthalmology)