Registration for the 2014 Education Summit is now open!
The Education Summit is a full day of workshops and speakers on Friday, September 19th designed to enhance the teaching skills of UAB Faculty.
Please go to http://www.uab.edu/medicine/gim/education-summit to register.
The lineup of speakers and topics is as follows:
Jerod Haase (Head Coach of UAB Men’s Basketball)
Dr. Jonathan Waugh (Faculty Director of the UAB Center for Teaching and Learning)
- How to Use Team-based Learning (TBL) in Medical Education (Will Brooks)
- Styles and Stages: understanding differences in learning styles and generations (Chad Burksi and Ellen Eaton)
- Flip Your Teaching: Using Video Effectively for Teaching (Terry Shaneyfelt)
- Giving Highly Effective Presentations (Ryan Kraemer)
- Teach Clinical Reasoning, Avoid Diagnostic Error, Get Better (Carlos Estrada, Jennifer Hale, Martin Rodriguez, Starr Steinhilber, David McCollum.)
- Feedback on the Fly: Giving real time feedback in clinical settings (Caroline Harada, Katrina Booth)
- Put Me In, Coach! Teaching Communication Skills at the Bedside (Michael Barnett, Laurel Kilpatrick)
Please email with any questions:
Ryan Kraemer (email@example.com) and Jason R. Hartig (firstname.lastname@example.org)
2014 RIME Program Chairs
Pediatric Department Calendar