Gifts to Help Families
You can help make a family's journey with childhood cancer less traumatic and more comfortable by gifts to families. For ideas on ways to help families cope, click here. To order gifts for families, click here.
Did you know?
Since introduction the Curing Childhood Cancer tag has raised more than $1 million dollars to fight childhood cancer.
- The Developmental Therapeutics Program and Childhood Cancer Survivors Programs were made possible by gifts from generous individuals like you.
- Charitable gifts have supported the expansion of our faculty and expertise.
- Gifts donated to childhood cancer research at UAB stay in Alabama. Many national fundraisers target Alabama for donations, but the funds do not directly benefit our state.
- We can offer fundraising opportunities for groups, school organizations, sororities or fraternities to meet your abilities and needs.
- No gifts are too small, contact us with your ideas
How your gifts are used
Your gifts can be designated toward specific aspects of childhood cancer and blood diseases. Undesignated gifts are used to support the overall goals of the program. Specific areas of support include
- Childhood Cancer Research
- Research into blood diseases including Sickle Cell anemia or bleeding disorders
- Neuro-Oncology Research
- Blood and Marrow Transplant Research
- Developmental Therapeutics Research
- Hope and Cope Psychosocial Program Research
- Childhood Cancer Survivorship Program Research
- Patient and Family Assistance Fund
- Education of Health Professionals in the field of Pediatric Hematology and Oncology
You may request additional information regarding opportunities to support the fight against childhood cancer in Alabama, click