UAB is currently recruiting participants for the following rehabilitation research studies.
- Pregnancy, Labor, Delivery and Post-Partum Outcomes of Women with and without SCI: An Observational Study - This study aims to compare pregnancy, labor, delivery and postpartum outcomes of women with and without a spinal cord injury to better understand:
- Potential difficulties women with spinal cord injury experience
- Educational and emotional support needs of women with spinal cord injury.
- Spain Rehabilitation Center is coducting research involving people with Spinal Cord Injury and Pressure Ulcers - This research study will assess how well Microcyn™ works on Stage 3 and Stage 4 pressure ulcers. The information we learn from this study may lead to a better treatment in the future for people with spinal cord injury who have pressure ulcers.
- Personalized Online Weight and Exercise Response System (POWERS):A Weight Loss Study for Adults with Spinal Cord Injury - This study aims to determine how well a newly developed web-based health coaching program helps adults with SCI to increase their physical activity and improve their diet.
- Active Video Game Study - Would you be interested in participating in an active video game study? The UAB / Lakeshore Research Collaborative is currently looking for individuals between 10 and 20 years of age with a lower extremity mobility disability.
- BLADES - The UAB / Lakeshore Research Collaborative is currently looking for individuals who are 19 years or older and interested in participating in a study that looks at the benefits of physical activity.
- Physical Activity for Individuals with Multiple Sclerosis - Have you been diagnosed with MS, are between 19 and 65 years of age and currently inactive? You may be a candidate for this UAB / Lakeshore Research Collaborative study.