F. Cleveland Kinney, Ph.D., M.D.
Title: Professor Emeritus
Specialization: Geriatric Psychiatry
- Undergraduate: Birmingham Southern
- Medical School: University of Alabama School of Medicine
- Internship: University of Alabama Hospital
- Residency: University of Alabama Hospital
- Fellowship: University of Alabama Hospital
- Licensure: Alabama Medical License, Alabama State Controlled Substances Registration, Controlled Substance Registration
Certifications: American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology, Geriatrics
Clinical Interests: Geriatric psychiatry, Alzheimer’s Disease, dementing disorders, depression, psychotic disorders, psychopharmacology research
Research Interests: Medications for the treatment of dementia and Alzheimer’s diseass; the correlation of neuroimaging studies, i.e., SPECT scans and MRIs, with the clinical diagnosis of the various dementing illnesses.
03/10 – 02/15, Principle Investigator, A Phase 3 Extension, Multicenter, Double-Blind, Long Term Safety and Tolerability Treatment Trial of Bapineuzumab (AAB-001, ELN 115727) in Subjects with Alzheimer’s Disease who Participated in Study ELN 115727-301 or in Study ELN 115727-302, funded by Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Project Amount: $568,485).