- Call your insurance company to check your benefits
- Call UAB Access, 205-975-7350 for inquiries and to start the admission process
- Schedule an appointment with Dr. Peter Lane for an assessment.
- Once your assessment is completed Dr. Lane will determine your level of treatment.
- The access department will help with registration and discuss with you what part of your bill is your responsibility.
What to Leave at Home
- Non-prescription medications such as vitamins, herbs, or nutritional supplements
- Expensive jewelry
- Any electronic equipment, including radios, iPods,/MP3 players/CD players/tape recorders, tapes/CDs, any type of portable media players, laptops, or cameras
- Cell phones will be locked up upon admission
- Musical instruments
- Reading material not related to recovery. Novels, magazines or publications may not be brought in
- Stuffed animals
- Detergent or bleach
- Pocketknives, knitting needles, crochet hooks, craft material
- Firearms and or supplies
- Food, candy of any kind, chewing gum, breath mints, sugar or artificial sweeteners, soft drinks and energy drinks
- Hand held mirrors
- Glass items
- Any and all tobacco products (cigarettes, cigars, smokeless tobacco, pipes, rolling papers, and cigarette lighters)
- Large sums of money
- Aerosol products including deodorant, hairspray, cologne and perfumes can only be used in the presence of a staff member
- High heels over 2 inches are not permitted
You are responsible for any lost or stolen items.
What to Bring
Inappropriate attire will be determined at the staff discretion and it is non negotiable.
- Insurance card
- We recommend that you limit the amount of clothing you bring to two suitcases and a cosmetic bag/shaving kit.
- Comfortable casual clothing suitable for therapy. Any clothing that depicts drugs, alcohol, sex, violence, or musical group is not allowed. Again any clothing deemed inappropriate by staff is not allowed.
- Jeans ( no frayed, tattered, suggestive tears or cutouts pants or shorts ) casual slacks, sport shirts, skirts, dresses that are knee-length or longer (no mini dresses),jogging suits, sweat shirts and pants, and appropriate-length shorts such as Bermuda/walking shorts (covering ¾ of the thigh).
- Do not bring form fitting clothing, biker or running shorts , low cut tops or blouses with spaghetti straps. Bare midriffs are not acceptable nor are tank tops permitted.
- Undergarments are required for all patients, (i.e., bras, underwear, and athletic supporters) as indicated. A sports bra may be wore as an undergarment while exercising during recreational therapy but it is not to be visible.
- Clothes hangers, clothes basket
- Lightweight jackets or sweaters
- Laundry facilities, including supplies, are available for patient use. Irons and ironing boards are accessible.
- Shoes and or slippers must be worn outside of your room. Bare feet are not permitted.
- Your personal toiletries (electric shaver/razor). Mouth wash and mouth rinse must be alcohol free.
- Stamps, stationary, alarm clock, phone card ( if calling long distance)
- Your Big Book and or any 12 Step self-help books.
- Detailed list of all medication you are currently taking. Include the dosage, name of the physician who prescribed the medication and the reason why.
- You will need a notebook and pen for your work.
- Credit card for medication.
You will be required to send all inappropriate clothing home.