The goals of this rotation are:
· To provide a comprehensive clinical experience in the management of pre- and post-lung transplant patients as well as patients undergoing ECMO.
· To provide the fellows with the opportunity of working on a non-medical ICU environment, in conjunction with nurse practitioners.
· To increase knowledge on the guidelines for referral and the appropriate timing for lung transplantation.
· To increase knowledge on the chronic management of immune suppression in the outpatient setting.
· To enhance skills on bronchoscopy and associated techniques/procedures in the lung transplant setting
Fellows will be exposed to all aspects of lung transplantation medicine and management of patients with advanced lung disease on ECMO. They attend pre-transplant and post transplant clinics as well as rounds in the many intensive care units that handle this patient population.