While participating in a research study may not lead to a scientific breakthrough, each study provides the stepping stones. Choosing to take part in a medical research study is a decision only you can make with the help of family, friends, health care professionals, and others you trust and respect. For information on participating in a study call 205-934-5555
Before finalizing your decision to participate in a study, be sure you know the answers to the following questions:
- What are the major goals of the study?
- What will be required of me and what is my role?
- What are the possible side effects? How likely are they to occur, and what will be done to minimize them?
- Is the study likely to benefit me directly?
- What are the potential benefits to others?
- How long is my participation required?
- What discomforts, inconveniences and costs are involved?
- Do I want to participate in this study?
For information on participating in a study call 205-934-5555.