Interstitial Lung Disease/Pulmonary Fibrosis/Sarcoidosis
The Interstitial Lung Disease Program at UAB
To become a World-class center of excellence in patient care, research and education in Interstitial Lung Disease.
1. To provide state of the art evaluation and treatment for patients with interstitial lung diseases (ILD).
2. To discover and develop new and effective therapies for interstitial lung diseases, particularly idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (IPF) and sarcoidosis.
3. To better understand disease mechanisms through translational research.
4. To educate physicians in training.
5. To reach out to the community aiming to enhance ILD awareness and help improve the standards for evaluation, treatment and follow up of patients.
Joao A. de Andrade, MD - Director
Joseph B. Barney, MD - Director of the Sarcoidosis Clinic
Victor J. Thannickal, MD
Tracy Luckhardt, MD
Louise Hecker, PhD - Drug Discovery Program
Tonja Meadows, RN - Clinical Research Coordinator
Mae E. Stewart, CTS - Study Coordinator
Angela Lewis, RN - Study Coordinator
UAB Interstitial Lung Disease Program
THT 422, 1900 University Boulevard
Birmingham, AL 35294-0006
Phone: (205) 934 7557
Fax: (205) 934 6229