- Eight-week laboratory research project. Participants are assigned labs based on their indicated scientific interests.
- Welcoming lunch on the first day of the program for participants and their faculty. Program staff will hold orientation.
- A meeting at the beginning of the program for students to discuss their planned projects.
- A seminar series, composed of informal lectures that focus on scientific ethics, scientific and medical careers, and current research programs at UAB
- Lunch with current graduate and medical students and informal discussion of post-graduate training and medical programs at UAB.
- Participation in the UAB Summer Research Expo Poster Session