How To Apply
1. Complete the online application. In addition to completing the required fields, you will need to have the following information ready to upload (pdf is best) since it is not possible to save your application and come back to complete it at a later time. You will receive a confirmation email once the application is submitted.
- Have your statement of Academic Interest and Career Goals ready to upload. Describe your previous research experience (if any), scientific areas of interest, hobbies, and plans for post-baccalaureate research. Two pages maximum.
- Have your resume ready to upload.
- References/letters of recommendation. Two confidential letters of reccomendation are required. You will be asked to enter contact information (name and email address) for your two references into the online application. Do not copy and paste email addresses, type them in.
2. Transcript. To maintain your privacy, transcripts should NOT be uploaded. Please mail or email yours to the SIBS address below. We accept official or unofficial transcripts, to include Fall 2016 grades. If you are chosen to be a SIBS student, you will be asked to submit an official transcript at that time.
3. Letters of Recommendation. Two confidential letters of reccomendation are required. You will be asked to input contact information (name and email address) for your two references into the online application. Do not copy and paste email addresses, type them in. They will then receive an email from our office requesting a recommendation letter for you.
It is your responsibility to check with them to make sure they have received the email and sent us your letter. If they think they have not received the email, have them check their spam box.
Guidelines for letters of recommendation are available in Frequently Asked Questions. Letters of Recommendation must be received no later than February 22, 2016.
Please contact the SIBS office at firstname.lastname@example.org
or phone 205.934.0440.
SIBS - Summer in Biomedical Sciences Undergraduate Research Program
The University of Alabama at Birmingham
SHEL 121-J | 1825 University Blvd | Birmingham, AL 35294-2128
P: 205.934.0440 | F: 205.975.8427