How To Apply
Admission Process: The deadline for completing the online application is February 15, 2016. Application review for complete applications will begin January 15 and admissions decisions will be made on a rolling basis beginning in early February.
1. Complete the online application. In addition to completing the required fields, you will need to have the following information ready to upload since it is not possible to save your application and come back to complete it at a later time. You will receive a confirmation email once the application is submitted.
- Have your statement of Academic Interest and Career Goals ready to upload. Describe your previous research experience (if any), scientific areas of interest, hobbies, and plans for post-baccalaureate research. Two pages maximum.
- Have your resume ready to upload.
- References/letters of recommendation. You will need contact information for two letters of recommendation.
2. Transcript. To maintain your privacy, transcripts should NOT be uploaded. Please mail or email yours to the SIBS address below. We accept official or unofficial transcripts, which should include Fall 2016 grades. You should not wait for it to be available before you submit your application - the transcript can sent in any time before the February 15 deadline. If you are chosen to be a SIBS student, you will be asked to submit an official transcript at that time.
3. Letters of Recommendation. Two confidential letters of reccomendation are required. You will be asked to input contact information (name, institution/department, and email address) for your two references into the online application. They will then receive an email from our office requesting a recommendation letter for you.
It is your responsibility to check with them to make sure they have received the email and sent us your letter. If they think they have not received the email, have them check their spam box.
Guidelines for letters of recommendation are available in Frequently Asked Questions. Letters of Recommendation must be received no later than February 22, 2016.
Please contact the SIBS office at email@example.com
or phone 205.934.0440.
Physician Scientist Development Office
SIBS and PARAdiGM Programs
University of Alabama at Birmingham
1720 2nd Avenue South
Birmingham, AL 35294-2182