Frequently Asked Questions
Can I have my transcript and letters of recommendation sent to the SIBS program separately?
- Yes, your school transcript and your letters of recommendation can each be sent separately, either by regular mail to the SIBS address or by e-mail to Robin Lorenz MD, PhD (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Can my letters of recommendation be sent electronically?
- Yes, the person writing your letter of recommendation can directly e-mail Robin Lorenz at email@example.com. Please note that the e-mail must come directly from the person writing the letter of recommendation. Forwarded or rerouted e-mails from the applicant will not be accepted.
Can I apply if I am a freshman, but have sophomore or junior standing due to AP credits?
- Yes, we accept applications from students who are true freshman, but have sophomore or junior level standing due to credits from high school AP or other coursework.
Can I apply if I need to start SIBS late because my final college-exams don't finish until after the SIBS start date?
- Yes, you can still apply as long as you can start within a week of the SIBS start date. Please indicate on your application your anticipated start date and the reason for a potential delay.
Can I apply if I am a senior?
- No, we do not accept applications from seniors in college.
Can international students apply?
- No, SIBS students must be U.S. citizens or permanent residents.