Frequently Asked Questions
Can I have my transcript and letters of recommendation sent to the SIBS program separately from my application and resume?
- Yes, your school transcript and your letters of recommendation can each be sent separately from the rest of your application. Please send your application, statement of academic interests and career goals and resume together in the same packet. This packet can be sent either by regular mail to UAB SIBS or by e-mail to Robin Lorenz MD, PhD (email@example.com)
Can my letters of recommendation be sent electronically?
- Yes, the person writing your letter of recommendation can directly e-mail Robin Lorenz at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that the e-mail must come directly from the person writing the letter of recommendation. Forwarded or rerouted e-mails from the applicant will not be accepted.
Can I apply if I am a freshman, but have sophomore or junior standing due to AP credits?
- Yes, we accept applications from students who are true freshman, but have sophomore or junior level standing due to credits from high school AP or other coursework.
Can I apply if I need to start SIBS late because my final college-exams don't finish until after the SIBS start date?
- Yes, you can still apply as long as you can start within a week of the SIBS start date. Please indicate on your application your anticipated start date and the reason for a potential delay.
Can I apply if I am a senior?
- No, we do not accept applications from seniors in college.
Can international students apply?
- No, SIBS students must be U.S. citizens or permanent residents.