Dr. Garima Agarwal
Dr. Garima Agarwal
Assistant Professor of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery
|Physical Address: 563 Boshell Building 1808 7th Avenue South Birmingham, AL 35233||Mailing Address: BDB 563 1720 2nd Avenue South Birmingham, AL 35294-0012||Clinic Address: The Kirklin Clinic 2000 6th Avenue South Birmingham, AL 35249|
American Board of Otolaryngology, 2013
Board certified Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery, India 2006
Areas of Interest
Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Head and Neck Cancer
King George's Medical College, Lucknow, India - 2002
University of Texas Medical School at Houston, TX, Otorhinolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery, 2012
All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Otorhinolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery, 2006
Awards & Honors
2009 ROAD (Research in Otolaryngology & Allergy Development) scholar, American Academy of Otolaryngic Allergic Foundation
2007 First prize in video presentation on Endoscopic Removal of Angiofibroma. 39th Annual Conference of The Delhi State, Association of Otolaryngologists of India.
2007 First prize in Otolaryngology quiz. 30th Annual conference of The Delhi State, Association of Otolaryngologists of India.
2005 Award paper presentation. Amphotericin B nasal lavage and corticosteroid nasal spray combination therapy in Allergic Fungal Sinusitis. 28th Annual conference of Association of Otolaryngologists of India, Delhi State Brach India.
2005 First prize in Otolaryngology quiz. 28th Annual conference of The Delhi State, Association of Otolaryngologists of India.
1998-2002 Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry, Pharmacology & Therapeutics, Social & Preventive Medicine, Pathology, Microbiology, Medicine & Pediatrics, Surgery & Orthopedics.
1. Takahashi Y, Bell D, Agarwal G, Roberts D, Xie TX, El-Naggar A, Myers JN, Hanna EY. Comprehensive Assessment of Prognostic Markers for Sinonasal Squamous Cell Carcinoma. Head and Neck J 2013 July 8 [Epub ahead of print]
2. Agarwal G, Hernandez D, Citardi M, Fakhri S, Luong A. End Organ Testing for Allergic Rhinitis with Fungi is Poorly Correlated with Fungal Sensitivity. Otolaryngol Head and Neck Surg, 2013 March; 148(3): 391-5.
3. Clayman GL, Agarwal G, Edeiken BS, Waguespack SG, Roberts DB, Sherman SI. Long-Term Outcome of Comprehensive Central Compartment Dissection in Patients with Recurrent/Persistent Papillary Thyroid Carcinoma. Thyroid. 2011 Dec;21(12): 1309-16.
4. Agarwal G, Kupferman ME, Holsinger FC, Hanna EY. Sinonasal and Nasonpharyngeal Applications of the Hand-Held CO2 Laser Fiber. Int Forum Allergy Rhinol 2011 Mar-April; 1(2): 109-12.
5. Moreno MA, Agarwal G, deLuna R, Siegel ER, Sherman SL, Edeiken-Monroe BS, Clayman GL. Preoperative Lateral Neck Ultrasonography as a Long-Term Outcome Predictor in Papillary Thyroid Cancer. Arch Otolaryngol Head and Neck Surg. 2011 Feb; 137(2): 157-62.
6. Agarwal G, Wilfong AA, Edmonds JL Jr. Surgical Revision of Vagus Nerve Stimulation Electrodes in Children. Otolaryngol Head and Neck Surg. 2011 Jan; 144(1) 123-4.
7. Agarwal G, Kochar HS, Bahadur S, Jhulka PK. Osteosarcoma of Mandible as a Second Primary Tumor in a Case of Treated Retinoblastoma. Indian J Otolaryngol. 2011; 63, S1: 115-117.
8. Agarwal G, Roy S. Laryngeal Clefts. Ear Nose Throat J 2010 Jan; 89(1):19-20.
9. Agarwal G, Edmonds JL, Wilfong A. Surgical Revision of Vagus Nerve Stimulation Electrodes. Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 2009; 141: P140.
Allergic Fungal Sinusitis. Encyclopedia of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery.