Dr. Richard K. McHugh
| Assistant Professor of Surgery
Phone: 205-934-9766 Fax: 205-934-3993
205-934-9765 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Schedule Appointment: 205-934-9766
563 Boshell Building
1808 7th Avenue South
Birmingham, AL 35233
1720 2nd Avenue South
Birmingham, AL 35294-0012
The Kirklin Clinic
2000 6th Avenue South
Birmingham, AL 35249
American Board of Otolaryngology, 2012
Clinical Areas of Interest
Care of the Professional Voice
Research Areas of Interest
Multiple aspects of voice including aging, scar formation, and professional voice usage
Airway stenosis from basic science to improving care
Improving medical student and resident education with a focus on technological advancements
University of Southern California, 2001-2006
Loma Linda University Medical Center, Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery, 2006-2011
Vanderbilt University Medical Center, 2011-2012
Awards & Honors
2007 - 2008 Resident Master Teacher Program – Loma Linda University – House Staff Office
1. Seiberling KA, McHugh RK, Aruni W, Church CA. 2011. The impact of intraoperative saline irrigation on bacterial load within the maxillary sinus. Int Forum Allergy Rhinol Sep-Oct;1(5):351-5.
2. White CH, Ohmen JD, Sheth S, Zebboudj AF, McHugh RK, Hoffman LF, Lusis AJ, Davis RC, Friedman RA. 2009. Genome-wide screening for genetic loci associated with noise-induced hearing loss. Mamm Genome 20 (4): 207-13.
3. Sheth S, McHugh R. 2008. Genetics of Hearing Loss. In Audiology: Diagnosis. 2nd Edition. Thieme Medical Publishers, NY.
4. Inman JC, Kim P, McHugh R. 2008. Retroesophageal subclavian artery - esophageal fistula: a rare complication of a salivary bypass tube. Head & Neck 30 (8): 1120-3.
5. McHugh RK, Friedman RA. 2006. Genetics of hearing loss: Allelism and modifier genes produce a phenotypic continuum. Anat Rec A Discov Mol Cell Evol Biol. 288 (4): 370-81.
6. McHugh RK. 2005. Ph.D. Dissertation – Adaptation of a Novel Electrochemical Detection Methodology to Immunochemical-Based Assays. University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA.