Dr. Glenn E. Peters
Julius N. Hicks Professor of Otolaryngology
Vice Chairman Department of Surgery
Phone: 205-934-9766 Fax: 205-934-3993
205-934-9767 | email@example.com
563 Boshell Building
1808 7th Avenue South
Birmingham, AL 35233
1720 2nd Avenue South
Birmingham, AL 35294-0012
The Kirklin Clinic
2000 6th Avenue South
Birmingham, AL 35249
American Board of Otolaryngology, 1985
Areas of Interest
Head and neck endocrine surgery
Thyroid and Parathyroid surgery with emphasis on minimally invasive techniques
LSU Medical Center, 1976-1980
University of Alabama at Birmingham, Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery 1980-1984
Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Head and neck oncologic and reconstructive surgery, 1986-1987
Awards & Honors
Alpha Omega Alpha-LSUMC
The Best Doctors in America
America's Top Doctors
1999 Faculty Member of the Year, UAB Division of Otolaryngology
2012 Birmingham Magazine Best Docs
1. Peters G, Kulbersh B, Mantle B, Bell W, Grizzle W, Rosenthal E. Roles of Microvascular Density in Nonlocalizing Parathyroid Sestamibi Scans. Laryngoscope 117(12):2163-2168, December 2007.
2. Boudreaux BA, Magnuson JS, Asher SA, Desmond R, Peters GE. The Role of Ultrasonography in Parathyroid Surgery. Arch Otolaryngol Head and Neck Surg 133 (12):1240-1244, December 2007.
3. Asher SA, Peters GE, Pehler SF, Zinn K, Newman JR, Rosenthal EL. Fluorescent Detection of Rat Parathyroid Glands via 5-Aminolevulinic Acid. Laryngoscope, 118(6): 1014-1018, June, 2008.
4. Heslin MJ, Doster BE, Daily SL, Waldrum MR, Boudreaux AM, Smith AB, Peters GE, Ragan DB, Buchalter S, Bland KI, Rue LW. Durable Improvements in Efficiency, Safety, and Satisfaction in the Operating Room. J Am Coll Surg. 206(5): 1083-9, May, 2008.
5. Smith N, Magnuson JS. Vidrine DM, Kulbersh B, Peters GE. Minimally Invasive Parathyroidectomy: Use of Intraoperative Parathyroid Hormone Assays After 2 Preoperative Localization studies. Arch Otolaryngol Head and Neck Surg 2009 November; 135(11):1108-11.(10)