Dr. Kirk P. Withrow
Assistant Professor of Surgery
Phone: 205-934-9765 Fax: 205-934-3993
205-934-9765 | firstname.lastname@example.org
563 Boshell Building
1808 7th Avenue South
Birmingham, AL 35233
1720 2nd Avenue South
Birmingham, AL 35294-0012
The Kirklin Clinic
2000 6th Avenue South
Birmingham, AL 35249
American Board of Otolaryngology, 2009
Areas of Interest
Sleep disorders in adults and children
Salivary endoscopy and disorders of the salivary glands
Endoscopic sinus surgery
Treatment of allergic disorders of the head and neck
University of Louisville School of Medicine, 1999-2003
Otolaryngology, University of Alabama Birmingham, 2003-2008
Awards & Honors
1999 University of Kentucky Outstanding Senior in Biology
2000 Joel Elkes Physicians and the Arts Award for Musical Composition
2003 Alpha Omega Alpha
2007 William A. Maddox Award for Oncology Publication
2010 UAB School of Medicine Art Show - Faculty Third Place
1. Withrow, K., B. Dawson, M. E. Shain, and J. C. Falcone. Agonist-Induced Arteriolar Diameter Changes & Vascular Smooth Muscle Calcium As A Function Of Age: Potential Mechanisms Of Orthostatic Hypotension? Abstract, Research Louisville 2000.
2. E. Lentsch, K. Withrow, D. Ackerman, J. Bumpous. Parathyromatosis and Recurrent Hyperparathyroidism. Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2003 Aug;129(8):894-6
3. K Withrow, E Rosenthal, C Gourin, G Peters, J Magnuson, D Terris, W Carroll. Free Tissue Transfer to Manage Salvage Laryngectomy Defects After Organ Preservation Failure. Laryngoscope 2007 May;117(5):781-4.
4. K Withrow, J Gleysteen, A Safavy, J Skipper, R Desmond, K Zinn, E Rosenthal. Assessment of Indocyaniene Green-Labeled Cetuximab to Detect Xenografted Head and Neck Cancer Cell Lines. Otolarygol Head Neck Surgery 2007 Nov;137(5):729-34.
5. K Withrow, J Newman, J Skipper, J Gleysteen, J Magnuson, K Zinn, E Rosenthal. Assessment of Bevacizumab Conjugated to Cy5.5 for Detection of Head and Neck Cancer Xengrafts. Technol Cancer Res Treat. 2008 Feb;7(1):61-6.