Jay M. McDonald, M.D., director of the University of Alabama at Birmingham Center for Metabolic Bone Disease, has won the 2010 Outstanding Lifetime Achievement Award in Clinical Chemistry and Laboratory Medicine from the American Association for Clinical Chemistry.
McDonald is a senior scientist at UAB's Comprehensive Cancer Center, Center for AIDS Research, Center for Aging, Gene Therapy Center, Center for Health Promotion and BioMatrix Engineering and Regenerative Medicine Center. He was pathologist-in-chief at UAB Hospital from 1990 to 2008.
Thursday, August 26, 2010
UAB Bone Center director wins distinguished service award from Clinical Pathology SocietyBy Clinton Colmenares
Latest from Clinton Colmenares
- Leeth named UAB School of Medicine assistant dean for strategic planning
- Sergio Stagno stepping down after 25 years as chair
- Social determinants of obesity, related chronic diseases receive grant support
- Neurosurgery elevated to department status at UAB
- Young named assistant dean for medical student diversity and inclusion