Jay M. McDonald, M.D., director of the University of Alabama at Birmingham Center for Metabolic Bone Disease, has won the 2010 Outstanding Lifetime Achievement Award in Clinical Chemistry and Laboratory Medicine from the American Association for Clinical Chemistry.
McDonald is a senior scientist at UAB's Comprehensive Cancer Center, Center for AIDS Research, Center for Aging, Gene Therapy Center, Center for Health Promotion and BioMatrix Engineering and Regenerative Medicine Center. He was pathologist-in-chief at UAB Hospital from 1990 to 2008.
Thursday, August 26, 2010
UAB Bone Center director wins distinguished service award from Clinical Pathology SocietyBy Clinton Colmenares
Latest from Clinton Colmenares
- Young named assistant dean for medical student diversity and inclusion
- Noted scientist in depression, suicide joins UAB Psychiatry
- Postdocs name UAB top university in recent web survey
- Charles Barkley’s bark a common vocal sore spot
- Lorenz named to new UAB post: assistant dean for Physician-Scientist Education