Martha Warren Bidez, Ph.D., professor and director of the advanced safety engineering and management graduate program in the UAB School of Engineering, has been named one of the top 100 women in safety engineering by the American Society of Safety Engineers’ Women in Safety Engineering.
Bidez is an internationally renowned biomedical engineer, entrepreneur and system-safety consultant. She has more than 29 years experience in serious injury investigation in the field, scientific research and teaching at the UAB School of Engineering and technology-transfer within the health-care sector.
She is a National Leadership Fellow of the W.K. Kellogg Foundation and a Fellow of the American Institute for Medical and Biological Engineering. Bidez is the engineering team leader for EDU-CAR, a child road user initiative in Uruguay, funded by the World Bank Global Road Safety Facility and the FIA Foundation. She holds active memberships in numerous professional engineering societies.
Monday, April 25, 2011
Bidez named one of top women in safety engineeringBy Jennifer Lollar
Latest from Jennifer Lollar
- Veteran, UAB VA National Quality Scholar improving care through research
- UAB nursing school to study palliative care for vets, minorities, rural cancer patients
- UAB Digestive Health Center manages lifestyle, not just disease
- UAB School of Nursing celebrates alumni at annual dinner
- UAB ballroom dance study enrolling cancer survivors