Ethan Parker, a senior in the Honors Program in University of Alabama at Birmingham’s School of Engineering, has received the 2011 American Concrete Institute University Scholarship Award presented by its Alabama Chapter. The $2,000 award is given annually to a student working to benefit the concrete construction industry. Parker is studying ways to make concrete a more sustainable product and lessen its carbon footprint.
- UAB’s Amsler to join NSF as program officer for Antarctica research
- U.S. News places UAB in Top 5 among online engineering master’s programs for veterans
- UAB launches company to ID source and nature of cyber threats
- Chaffin awarded highest honor for professional planners
- UAB students help Carver High School students build electric car