UAB Research Foundation CEO David Winwood, Ph.D., has been appointed to the Board of Directors of the Council on Governmental Relations. His three-year term begins Aug. 1, 2011.
He also is on the board’s Contracts & Intellectual Property Committee. UAB President Carol Garrison and Vice President for Research and Economic Development Richard Marchase nominated Winwood for the position. COGR, headquartered in Washington, D.C., is an association of more than 140 research universities; its committee members represent such universities as Michigan, Duke, Johns Hopkins, Princeton and Stanford, among others. It is involved in the development of all major financial and administrative aspects of federally funded research with the primary function of providing advice and information to its membership and ensuring that federal agencies understand academic operations and the impact of proposed regulations on colleges and universities.
As UAB Research Foundation CEO, Winwood oversees the front end of UAB’s cutting-edge research and is involved in managing all intellectual property matters for UAB.
Monday, June 27, 2011
Winwood received prestigious national appointmentBy Jennifer Lollar
Latest from Jennifer Lollar
- Veteran, UAB VA National Quality Scholar improving care through research
- UAB nursing school to study palliative care for vets, minorities, rural cancer patients
- UAB Digestive Health Center manages lifestyle, not just disease
- UAB School of Nursing celebrates alumni at annual dinner
- UAB ballroom dance study enrolling cancer survivors